It can be very tricky to get the right support at diagnosis (or even before that).
We’d love to hear about your experiences of getting support early on. This could be support from your GP, school, work, hospital, charity, or friends and family.
What do you wish you’d known then? What do you think other people in a similar situation should know?
Here are a few questions that might be you started:
- When did you first get offered help?
- What were you offered? And were you ready to take up the offer?
- Did you ask for help? If so, who did you ask?
- Did you know what sort of help you needed/was available?
- Where did the most useful support come from?
- Did you have any contact with other people in the same boat as you?
Thank you for sharing