Awarding winning children’s TV company Dot to Dot Productions are looking for an outgoing and imaginative child with Down’s Syndrome for their latest project.
If your child is interested in auditioning please email Claire@dottodotproductions.com or call her on 020 8994 0663 by Wednesday 12 December 2018
Dot To Dot Productions is developing a pre-school storytelling TV show “Off The Page” about drawing and art that encourages children to think creativity. The show features a dad and their child who has Down’s syndrome. Together they think up a story and draw the characters, which comes to life as an animation in the child’s imagination.
As part of the continuing development the BBC would now like Dot to Dot Productions to do a wider talent search for children with Down’s syndrome. They are looking for:
- A child who has Down’s syndrome with a playing age of ideally 7/8 years old. (We are happy to receive audition videos from children aged 6 – 11 years of age).
- An expressive individual, who is keen to speak and share their thoughts and feelings on camera.
- Someone who likes art and has a big imagination would be perfect.
- Moderate level of language skills.
- No acting experience necessary - The most important thing is that they are able to see their natural reactions to the art they are creating and the stories that are being told.
- They need to be able to take some direction and work to a filming structure - this doesn’t have to be tightly scripted and can have a loose approach.
They are looking to create a shortlist with the BBC towards the end of January and then hold auditions in mid February 2019 in London. Final filming is also likely to take place in London. The individual filming needs of each child will be taken into consideration, with the style of the audition tailored accordingly.
If you want to apply
Parents/guardians should complete and sign a consent form. Please contact Claire for a copy,
You also need to make a short video of your child including the following information:
- Name, age and where they are from.
- Film them speaking about their interests - If they have an interest in art they would love to hear about what they like to draw.
- It would be great if they could tell us what their favourite story is and why.
- Videos only need to be a few minutes long and can be filmed using a smartphone.
Claire will need a copy of your video and they consent form by Wednesday 12 December so be quick!